India Workforce Report - Professional Edition | City Level Insights | Chandigarh | H2 2018
Over 55 million professionals in India have LinkedIn profiles; over 1 million company pages; over 350,000 open jobs and over 50,000 skills added by members to their profiles to showcase their professional brands. That gives us unique and valuable insight into India's workforce trends.
Whether you are an employer, a recent graduate, or a policymaker, we hope you will use insights from our report to better understand and navigate the dynamics of today’s professional workforce.
Trends in Top Jobs
The top 3 in-demand jobs in the leading industries are as follows:
- Software and IT: Software Engineer, Android Developer, Search Engine Optimization Executive
- Manufacturing: Mechanical Engineer, Territory Sales Manager, Business Development Manager
- Healthcare: Medical Writer, Process Associate, Software Engineer
- Education: Business Development Associate, Postdoctoral Researcher, Business Development Executive
- Finance: Relationship Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Officer
Trends in Top Skills
The top 3 skills in the leading industries are as follows:
- Software and IT: HTML, SQL, Management
- Manufacturing: Management, Leadership, Team Management
- Healthcare: Management, Leadership, Healthcare
- Education: Leadership, Management, Public Speaking
- Finance: Management, Team Management, Leadership
Trends in Talent Inflow
- The top source cities Chandigarh imports talent from are New Delhi, Ludhiana, Yamunanagar, Shimla, and Bengaluru.
- The top source cities for in-demand migration into Chandigarh are Ludhiana (PHP Developer), New Delhi (Business Development Manager), Yamunanagar, Shimla, and Bengaluru.
Trends in Talent Outflow
- The top destination cities Chandigarh exports talent to are New Delhi, Bengaluru, Ludhiana, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- The top destination cities for in-demand migration are Bengaluru (Software Engineer), Hyderabad (Software Engineer, Android Developer), Mumbai (Software Engineer, Business Development Manager, Product Manager, Human Resources Manager), Jaipur and Ludhiana.