India Workforce Report - Professional Edition | City Level Insights | Chennai | H2 2018
Over 55 million professionals in India have LinkedIn profiles; over 1 million company pages; over 350,000 open jobs and over 50,000 skills added by members to their profiles to showcase their professional brands. That gives us unique and valuable insight into India's workforce trends.
Whether you are an employer, a recent graduate, or a policymaker, we hope you will use insights from our report to better understand and navigate the dynamics of today’s professional workforce.
Trends in Top Jobs
The top 3 in-demand jobs in the leading industries are as follows:
- Software and IT: Software Engineer, System Engineer, Business Analyst
- Manufacturing: Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Software Engineer
- Finance: Relationship Manager, Software Engineer, Business Analyst
- Corporate Services: Recruiter, Research Analyst, Human Resources Executive
- Education: Project Associate, Business Development Associate, Research Assistant
Trends in Top Skills
The top 3 skills in the leading industries are as follows:
- Software and IT: SQL, Java, HTML
- Manufacturing: Engineering, Management, Autocad
- Finance: Team Management, Management, Leadership
- Corporate Services: Management, Leadership, Team Management
- Education: Leadership, Management, Team Management
Trends in Talent Inflow
- The top source cities Chennai imports talent from are Bengaluru, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, and Madurai.
- The top source cities for in-demand migration into Chennai are Coimbatore (Software Engineer), Hyderabad (Software Engineer), Madurai (Software Engineer), Bengaluru (Software Engineer) and New Delhi (Software Engineer).
Trends in Talent Outflow
- The top destination cities Chennai exports talent to are Bengaluru, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Mumbai and Madurai.
- The top destination cities for in-demand migration are Bengaluru (Software Engineer), Hyderabad (Software Engineer), Mumbai (Software Engineer), New Delhi (Software Engineer) and Madurai.